Be Ready to Discuss Same-Sex Marriage Today Explore More Content
We should be hearing the decisions from the Supreme Court on Prop 8 and DOMA today (see “Now We Wait for the Ruling” to review what’s being decided). Regardless of what happens, you can expect to see and hear a lot of discussion on this topic on social media and among family and friends.
To equip you for that conversation, Ryan Anderson has a helpful, concise article titled “5 Things You Need to Know about the Supreme Court’s Marriage Cases.” Here are the five things he covers:
1. Courts Shouldn’t Redefine Marriage
2. President Obama and the Government of California Didn’t Do Their Duty [defending laws passed by citizens and legislators]
3. Telling the Truth About Marriage Matters for Policy
4. Redefining Marriage Would Have Bad Consequences
5. What You Can Do to Prepare for the Rulings
It’s a short, readable article with links to follow for more information (you can view a summary of the article as an infographic here). Post it, pass it on, and take a few minutes to learn from it so you can engage others today graciously and persuasively.
[UPDATE: Joe Carter gives a summary of the decisions in "9 Things You Should Know About the Supreme Court's Same-Sex Marriage Cases."]