Host: Greg Koukl
Guest: Wayne Rossiter
Greg Koukl and Wayne Rossiter discuss Theistic Evolution and the Absent God.
- Theistic Evolution and the Absent God (00:00)
Mentioned on the Show
- Shadow of Oz: Theistic Evolution and the Absent God by Wayne Rossiter
- Wayne Rossiter's blog
- Yes, the Evolutionary Process Does Depend on Randomness by Amy Hall (quoting Stephen Meyer)
- Mind Over Matter: The Necessity of Metaphysics in a Material World by Wayne Rossiter
- The Third Way - Scientists who argue against Neo-Darwinism. From their description: "The vast majority of people believe that there are only two alternative ways to explain the origins of biological diversity. One way is Creationism that depends upon intervention by a divine Creator. That is clearly unscientific because it brings an arbitrary supernatural force into the evolution process. The commonly accepted alternative is Neo-Darwinism, which is clearly naturalistic science but ignores much contemporary molecular evidence and invokes a set of unsupported assumptions about the accidental nature of hereditary variation. Neo-Darwinism ignores important rapid evolutionary processes such as symbiogenesis, horizontal DNA transfer, action of mobile DNA and epigenetic modifications. Moreover, some Neo-Darwinists have elevated Natural Selection into a unique creative force that solves all the difficult evolutionary problems without a real empirical basis. Many scientists today see the need for a deeper and more complete exploration of all aspects of the evolutionary process."
- Drifting towards Darwin by Greg Koukl
- Good Little Giants - Music mentioned on the show (see videos here)