The following is a rundown of this week's podcast, annotated with links that were either mentioned on the show or inspired by it:
Commentary: Choosing Your Gender (0:00)
- How to Help Transgender Children by Amy Hall
- Transgender Surgery Isn't the Solution by Paul McHugh
- Trouble in Transtopia: Murmers of Sex Change Regret by Stella Morabito
1. What does the Bible teach about women leaders in the church? (0:23)
2. Should a Christian be concerned about working for a company with "Talisman" in the company name? (0:39)
3. How did you manage the adoption process? (0:41)
- Greg's previous response to a question about the adoption process (Start listening at 0:41)
Commentary: Gay Reformation in the Church (1:00)
- Alan Shlemon on Matthew Vines's Reformation Project Conference (Start listening at 0:00)
- Bad Reasons to Adopt Pro-Gay Theology by Alan Shlemon
- The Reformation the Church Doesn't Need by Alan Shlemon
- A 20-Minute Chat with a Gay Person Made People Much More Supportive of Gay Marriage by Jesse Singal
- Understand the Same-Sex Marriage Issue by Amy Hall
- Upcoming events for Stand to Reason speakers
4. What were the effects of the Fall in an old earth scenario? (1:24)
5. Can God choose not to know something? – Question about Dallas Willard's book (1:43)
6. What was the tree of life? (1:52)
7. Was C.S. Lewis an inclusivist? (2:00)
8. What should you ask to know if a child is ready to accept Jesus? (2:19)
- The questions Greg asked his daughter at her baptism:
- Do you know that you are a sinner, that you have broken God’s law and are guilty before Him?
- Do you know that you deserve to be punished by God for the wrong things you have done?
- Do you know that God became a man in Jesus to die in your place so you could be forgiven?
- Do you believe in Jesus and trust Him to forgive your sins?
- Do you want to follow Jesus, to obey Him and serve Him the rest of your life?
9. Should a Christian participate in Pink Shirt Day (in Canada)? (2:39)
10. How can I talk to my pastor about conflict in the church? (2:47)